Ultra-Aire - 4036400 - Ultra-Aire 120V Whole House Ventilating Dehumidifier
Recommended Installations Dedicated Ultra-Aire Return to HVAC Supply
- Install a dedicated 10" air return for the Ultra-Aire 120V from a central area of the structure.
- Install an insulated duct from outside to the 6" damper of the Ultra-Aire 120V to provide fresh air ventilation (optional).
- When using only one of the two supplies on the Ultra-Aire 120V, the unused supply must be blocked using the duct cover plate included.
- The optional second supply of the Ultra-Aire 120V may be ducted to another location. This can provide a second source of airflow to the basement or supply of the existing HVAC system with a backdraft damper.
- If the existing system has multiple returns, instead of installing a dedicated return to the Ultra-Aire 120V, it is possible to select one to disconnect from the existing HVAC system and use it for the dedicated Ultra-Aire 120V return. Select a return from a central location in the house that is always open to the rest of the structure.
- DO NOT use a return from a room where doors are kept closed.
- DO NOT locate return in a bathroom or kitchen.
- Control should be located remotely from the dehumidifier and placed in a central location. Closet Installation - Central Return to HVAC Supply
- Locate the dehumidifier under or next to the HVAC system as space allows. A passive vent or louver door is required to allow air to be pulled in from the living space.
- No inlet duct is required. Air is pulled through the passive vent or louver door from the living space.
- Install an insulated duct from outside to the 6" collar of the Ultra-Aire 120V to provide fresh air ventilation (optional).
- Duct the supply of the Ultra-Aire 120V to the supply of the existing HVAC system with a backdraft damper.
- Control should be located remotely from the dehumidifier and placed in a central location.
California residents: see Proposition 65 Warning
Features and Specification
|Operating Temperature Range||9°F - 95°F Max (Inlet Air Temperature) 34°F - 135°F Max (Outside Cabinet)|
|Energy Star Rated||No|
|Electrical Rating||115 VAC|