Details788 Cold Seal
Cold Seal 788 is a premium grade nominal 2 mil aluminum foil backing coated with a high performance acrylic adhesive system. Cold Seal 788 is UL 723 Rated and Coast Guard approved
Suggested end use
Cold Seal 788 is designed for sealing seams and joints on duct, duct wrap, and pipe insulation systems. Ideal Cold Seal adhesive is formulated to deliver in demanding temperature conditions.
- Performance acrylic adhesive system provides a durable, long-term bond
- Dead soft aluminum foil backing blends into basic facing paterns, and conforms to irregular surfaces such as FSK facings.
- Functions as a vapor barrier and assures integrity of the insulation system
- Release liner provides easy removal for easy application on the job site
- Coast Guard Approval - USCG COA Number 1164.122/160/0
California residents: see Proposition 65 Warning
Weight 1.7 Pounds (Lb) Width 3 Inches (In) Height 3 Inches (In) Country of Origin USA Length 3 Inches (In) Brand Ideal Tape Adhesion Strength 60 oz./in. width Application Temperature -35°F to 250°F (-37.2°C to 121.1°C) Shelf Life 12 months under storage conditions of 60° F to 80° F and 50% relative humidity away from direct sunlight. Storage Temperature 60°F to 80°F (15.5°C to 26.6°C) UV Resistant Yes Tensile Strength 17 lb/in Application Seals Ducts Approvals UL 723 Color Silver Composition 2 mil Foil Tape Functions Designed for Sealing and as a Vapor Barrier for Metal Duct and Pipe Insulation Systems Maximum Temperature 250°F (121.1°C) Size 3" x 150' Standards UL 723 rated (0/0 Flame/Smoke Rating) Thickness 3 mil Type Backing: 2 mil Aluminum Foil; Adhesive: Performance Cold Temperature Acrylic UL Listed Yes UL Recognized Yes