Our business is a major catalyst for CO2e emissions reductions. Together we can have a significant impact on the wellbeing of people and our planet while continuing to grow. Our commitment and dedication has already driven results. Now let’s lead the way while we transform our industry.
Did you know?
- Heating and cooling for buildings is responsible for 15% of global carbon emissions that are warming the planet?
- Approximately 50% of the energy consumed in US homes goes to heating and cooling?
- Old heating and cooling systems likely operate below current energy efficiency and environmental standards using more energy than they should?
- Heat pumps can lower your energy consumption by a factor of 3 to 4 because they move heat as opposed to creating it?
- Supplies such as smart thermostats can reduce energy consumption by 15%?
Every time Baker replaces an old system under minimum standards for a high efficiency unit, the consumer:
- Reduces their energy consumption.
- Saves on monthly energy costs.
- Reduces their carbon footprint.
HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS?
Do you have ideas on what Baker could do to reduce waste? Do you want Baker to help you and your team recycle? Contact us if you have any suggestions.
Drive the transition of the 100+ million units installed in homes and businesses across North America to low carbon-high efficiency equipment.
Few companies are as uniquely positioned as ours to make a significant impact while GROWING our business:
- Approximately 1 in 5 HVAC units replaced in the markets where we operate in the US, come from Baker or another Watsco company.
- Approximately 350,000 contractors and technicians across our markets trust us to deliver the equipment, parts and supplies that keep millions of families and businesses comfortable and healthy all year long.
- We have the capital, technology and entrepreneurial culture to lead and transform the industry. No other distributor has that.
Our Impact So Far
Bakers sales of high efficiency equipment since January 2020 have averted the release of 1,301,233 metric tons of CO2 emissions into the atmosphere.
That's the equivalent of:
280,376 gas powered cars off the road per year
3,012,629 barrels of oil consumed
Carbon sequestered by 1,539,925 acres of US forests in one year
Baker HVAC System Updates
Baker is transitioning from an older centralized HVAC system to a more flexible and efficient Variable Refrigerant Flow system. We’ve invested in installing a new VRF multi-system from GREE, a global HVAC leader, at our headquarters in Jacksonville. We’re utilizing VRF technology because it is cleaner, healthier, and more energy- and cost-efficient.
The Inflation Reduction Act
The Inflation Reduction Act is a 10 year plan that comprises the largest clean energy investment in America’s history. The bill covers incentives to install high-efficiency home HVAC equipment with a big focus on heat pumps in the form of tax credits and rebates. Watch the video for helpful information about the IRA.