DetailsSeveral common methods such as rivets, screws, and spot welding are used to fasten materials to ductwork. Three types of screws are most often used. The first is self-tapping only and requires a hole to be drilled before the screw can be utilized. The others are both self-tapping but also create their own holes. Self piercing screws have very sharp points which act much like a scratch awl in making a small opening in the steel for the threads to engage and work the sheet metal into a coned threaded hole. These work well for light gage steel.
- Slotted for easy removal with standard flat driver.
- Higher head stays in chuck with ease and provides stability during insertion.
- Serrated Edge to prevent the backing out of the screw.
- Thread is designed to pull the screw through steel with no strip-out.
- Heavy zinc-plating for strong corrosion resistance.
- Pierces through heavier gauges of steel.
- No metal filings to clog drill chuck.
- Precision formed point for consistant performance.
- Super sharp, specially hardened, non-walking point.
California residents: see Proposition 65 Warning
Weight 2.5 Pounds (Lb) Width 3 Inches (In) Height 4 Inches (In) Country of Origin TWN Length 9 Inches (In) Brand Duro Dyne Color White